*8/13/20 – CRITICAL UPDATE, PLEASE REVIEW:
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
BEFORE CAMP STARTS MONDAY 8/17/20, 9:00 A.M. – Please inform us immediately (via email or phone) IF ANYONE CURRENTLY RESIDING IN YOUR HOME, EITHER TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, REPORTS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
-A positive test result for Covid-19
–Has experienced related Symptoms (click for more info)
-Within the past 14 days (as of Monday 8/17/20), has returned to New York State from any of the following states- Click here to see list
–Has come in close contact with an individual who suffered from a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19
Upon such communication, in accordance with federal law, all personal information will remain completely confidential. Also, you will receive a REFUND IN FULL 🙂
AFTER CAMP STARTS – If after camp begins, any of the info above is communicated (via email or phone), precautionary measures will be taken to ensure the health and safety of all community members.
*Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the remainder of the camp week.*
PREVENTION IS THE KEY.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING KEEP OUR COMMUNITIES SAFE.
- PLEASE ENSURE DRIVER & ALL PASSENGERS (OVER THE AGE OF 2) ARE WEARING MASKS!
- Temperatures of all passengers (over the age of 2) will be taken
- Health Screening Assessment (HSA) Form is submitted to staff prior to camper(s) exiting vehicle
- Upon exiting vehicle, camper will report to a designated, supervised location prior to commencing camp activity (called the “loading dock”)
Restricted Viewing Area: Parents, guardians, and approved family members are restricted from entering the area of play at any time. Such persons are permitted from the designated viewing area, provided they demonstrate effective social distancing practices.
- Camp Location: Baseball field complex; 3 fields + batting cage/area = 4 stations
- Player “Pods” (groups), Player/Staff Ratio: 4 Player Pods; Each child will be in a pod of no more than 10 players and 2 coaches; There will also be multiple, supplementary staff to assist in the maintenance of physical distancing and other camp operations (on-field, player performance visual technologies); Yields a maximum 3.5:1 player/staff ratio; Pods will not co-mingle at any time; Pods will travel to and from their designated field; Only time pods will move from their designated field is upon entering and leaving the facility and when traveling to and from the batting cage for their daily hitting segment
- Curriculum: All activities and drills will incorporate physical distancing (min. 6 feet) curriculum all times, including during times of transition and rest periods….Fortunately, physical distancing is inherent in the game of baseball! In addition, other prohibited actions include handshakes, fist bumps, group celebrations, huddles, etc.
- Camper Grades/Ages: Children entering grades 3-9 (Fall ’20); grade/age, skill and social-emotional maturity are all factors when establishing appropriate pods
- All staff required to wear at all times
- Campers: Must have a minimum of 1 mask that covers nose and mouth to enter camp each day (see below for list of all items needed for camp each day); All campers required to wear a mask at all times except a) to accommodate a pre-disclosed medical condition and b) unless temporarily granted permission by a staff member (i.e. for a specific drill)
Staff: In addition to their regular camp orientation, the following elements will be added:
- Infection control, hand washing practices, personal protective equipment (PPE), and COVID-19 signs and symptoms
- Policy regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) use and training
- Physical distancing-based curriculum and best practices
Campers – At the start of each day, children will be provided (even quizzed!) on the 3 basics:
MAINTAIN YOUR DISTANCE – WEAR YOUR MASK WHEN YOU CAN’T – WASH/SANITIZE YOUR HANDS!
To review ‘The Usual Basics’ (daily drop-off & pick up times, things campers need each day, etc.), click here!